[meteorite-list] Re: Another bright SoCal meteor?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:43 2004

Hello Rob,

Here is the URL for the first published account of
this fireball:

http://www.latimes.com/news/state/20010327/t000026482.html

Here's a coincidence. It was actually observed by two
of our own Meteorite-Recovery Group members - Ron
Hartman and his son Jim. After seeing the
green-flaming chunk of space debris go down and out of
sight over the western horizon (from his vantage point
near Pomona, CA), Ron turned to his son and said,
"There goes another perfectly good $5.00 a gram
meteorite into the Pacific Ocean!"

All sarcasm aside, I met with Ron earlier that same
afternoon at his planetarium at Mt. San Antonio
Community College where I got to see the latest
version of his meteorite display. It is very
impressive and it is getting better with time. One of
the best displays in Southern California. It
continues to leave quite an impression on all the
school children that come to visit the planetarium.

Regards,
Bob V.