[meteorite-list] Re: Hunting (and radiometric dating)

From: Kelly Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:43 2004

Hi, Al, Steve, List,
    Thanks for re-posting the story, Al.
    That's what I was trying to say about this variety of radiometric
dating. (Somehow, my post picked up Steve's UNIX long line; don't know
how I did that.*) In this case, I was trying to point out that the
potential margin for error was so great, you could ignore the dating. I
said, "if you wanted to ignore Lafayette's supposed 13,000 year date as
a practical matter, you'd probably be on reasonably good ground."
    With all this petrological data, I can see you'd have to! Which just
proves all our points...

Kelly

* I'm going to re-post my original message with short lines (I think
that's what I'm doing).