[meteorite-list] Penguins

From: P. Gessler <cetuspa_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:43 2004

Franco, you obviously missed the intent of my origional posting. The
sorting and concentrating of meteorites has many possible causes.
Nomads make cairns in the desert containing meteorites
American Indians gathered strange and beautiful stones including
meteorites
The ants in Holbrook Arizona excavate meteorites
The Birds of Prey in Nevada, Crap on prominent meteorites that I've
found and use them as perches.
What about termites in Africa and the Gao strewn field.

And lastly most of the meteorites found in Antarctica are along the
perimeter mountain ranges near glacier outflows into the sea. The
moraines of which terminate in the sea. I know meteorites have been
found in moraines. Didn't Darwin himself report seeing a meteorite
imbeded in a floating glacier. Aren't there Ice rafts the size of
California breaking off yearly? The size of California! How many
meteorites do you suppose might be on something that size?

I'd bet that if someone looked they would indeed find a meteorite
resting warm and snug under some little penguins chuff!

Paul :A great imagination leads to great discoveries