[meteorite-list] Meteorite Association

From: trandall_at_idsi.net <trandall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:41 2004

  Dave,
   Not sure what you mean here. I collect (buy) but I don't sell. What do
you mean by "except a few...narrow minded few"? Both are indeed collectors
(unless there are dealers that don't have their own collection) so I guess
people that only collect should be in the Association too if they want. Even
though "pure" collectors don't sell they do educate the public and can be a
benefit to the "association" that way.

  Which leads me to the next question: What would it take to be a "member"
of this "Association"? Who decides? Cost? If so, for what?

Regards,
Tom Randall

At 04:25 PM 3/20/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Wool, Dear List,
>Aren't dealers collectors and collectors dealers almost all of the time? I see
>that most of us are both, except a few...narrow minded few....poll time??? I
>vote both are and should be mostly one.
>Notentropydave Freeman

Tom Randall -- tprandall_at_idsi.net (Remove the "P" to e-mail me)
Amateur Radio: KB2SMS (Grid FN31) - ARRL / 10-10 / QRP-L #1965
Look for me on PSK31 on 14.069.5 and 28.119.5

Member: AAVSO Solar Division

My Astronomy/Ham radio site: http://www.idsi.net/~trandall/welcome.html