[meteorite-list] FROM ADMIN - Please Read - new virus warning

From: ajones_at_siliconspace.com <ajones_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:36 2004

--=_alternative 001D8F8F88256A99_=

Good Evening All;

I just wanted to alert everyone to the newest virus out there to consume
bandwidth, waste our time, fill server's and user's hard drives, and
promote ill will among those infected. It's called the "Virus Posts to a
Mailing List" worm.

You see, this rather versatile virus is a step-child of the standard bug
as it begins its life as an ordinary email worm concocted by some twelve
year old in Iowa. He sends it in various ways to hundreds of unsuspecting,
unprotected PCs and then those PCs do the same (unbeknownst to the PC's
owners). [ Their Exchange address books do the job ]

That's when the "Virus Posts to a Mailing List" virus takes over. Unlike a
normal worm, this virus actually affects the PC user themselves, causing
them to erratically send posts to mailing Lists with thoughts, concerns,
opinions, warnings, accusations, etc., regarding the virus.

It is most effective; as each of these posts reaches over 500 users on
this one List alone, and no telling how many others, consuming massive
amounts of bandwidth, server storage space, List archive space, and time.
Between us, it's the worst one I've seen out there, so watch out!!!!

** Please note that this is a humorous story - but with many points of
truth. Every time a List member sends a mail to the List regarding -a-
virus, it goes to over 500 people, wastes bandwidth (which I pay for btw),
and decreases the value of the List archives. Please think about this the
next time you are penning a note regarding viruses. Please send it to me
personally -or- to others you want to notify -but DON'T do it through the
List.

Thanks and Good Night

Regards, Art
Meteorite Central

Arthur Jones, Technical Architect
Silicon Space, Inc. - Building e-Business Success!
ajones_at_siliconspace.com - www.siliconspace.com
619.696.8820 - 619.200.3623 (mobile)

--=_alternative 001D8F8F88256A99_=

Silicon Space, Inc. - Building e-Business Success!<br>
ajones_at_siliconspace.com - www.siliconspace.com<br>
619.696.8820 - 619.200.3623 (mobile)<br>
--=_alternative 001D8F8F88256A99_=--