[meteorite-list] Bolide caught on Film!

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:35 2004

Local News Channel 16 WNEP has broadcast that a local teenager caught
the Monday bolide on film.

News at 11!

Bryan Rupert and friends were traveling in a car north on US I 81, near
Winchester VA and Hagerstown MD when the meteor crossed his field of
view. He reached for his disposible camera and was able to snap one
frame. Upon reaching his home in Mountour County PA--An area close to
the path of the fireball but 200 miles away from him at the time, he
developed the film and has a high quality( as snapshots go) image of
the meteor just before it reached a treeline.

Hopefully the AP will pick up the photo and we can all see. I have the
report on movie but am unsure I can extract the single frame with the
software I have.

Regards,
Elton