[meteorite-list] random disbursement?

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:33 2004

--B_3078499562_28805

The question was asked:
Can someone answer my question on likely places to find certain types of
meteorites:Because the earth is one huge magnet, are some types of
meteorites found in some places close to the poles and other types found in
localities far from the poles, or are meteorites of all types randomly
dispersed over the surface?

I believe there is a roughly even distribution of meteorite falls around the
earth with a mild, 4/3 equatorial focus increase compared to the poles of
the earth.

Cheers,

Martin

--B_3078499562_28805

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] random disbursement?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica">The question was asked:<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Can someone answer my question on =
likely places to find certain types of meteorites:Because the earth is one h=
uge magnet, are some types of meteorites found in some places close to the p=
oles and other types found in localities far from the poles, or are meteorit=
es of all types randomly dispersed over the surface?<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><BR>
I believe there is a roughly even distribution of meteorite falls around th=
e earth with a mild, 4/3 equatorial focus increase compared to the poles of =
the earth.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
<BR>