[meteorite-list] Powellsville Weteorite Question

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:30 2004

All,

I just received this question from the curator of the small geology museum
at OSU. He was a big help in creating my recent "LEGO Mars Rover" Exhibit,
so I'd like to help him out. Can anyone answer this for me please? I'll
pass it along.

>Dear Bob,
>
>Quick question: What can you tell me about the Powellsville
>meteorite? All I know about it is it is an ollivine-bronzite
>chondrite discovered in 1990 in Scioto County, Ohio. We have a small
>slice of it that I purchased at the Cincinnati rock & mineral show in
>May of last year.
>
>Any information on where the rest of it is, details of its discovery,
>etc. would be appreciated.

My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.
Bob Martino "I look up to the heavens
Assistant Director but night has clouded over
Perkins Observatory no spark of constellation
                                       no Vela no Orion."
http://www.perkins-observatory.org -Enya