[Fwd: [meteorite-list] Editorial]

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:29 2004

--------------BEBB37F2BBE706A655670BDC

From: "Michel Franco" <MICH-FRANCO_at_wanadoo.fr>
To: "Mike Farmer" <farmerm_at_concentric.net>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Editorial
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 01:52:59 +0200

Mike and list,

I just send an analysis about NWA and you take he piss about it. You should
not fell guilty. You were not at all personnally mentionned in the post and
far from our thoughts. I think thatb I may know the person who have sold you
NWA 482 and possiblly the personn who picked it on the field, but I have no
real proof about it and you should consider this affirmation as bluff..Again
Mike do not feel guilty nor accused. Please stop that silly game, we are
just two individuals that love meteorites and have a nice life because of
them. And NWA rules are weak about stolen meteorites. By metionning
possibly stolen meteorites i must confess that I was speaking of registred
meteorites that may be stolen from institutions or collections and that can
be re introduced in the market with a new name.

 I did not say that it was a fact I said that I was a risk.

Our ast expedition was 6 meteorites back home, one iron, an ellipse ( a
brecciated chondrite sorry not a lunar on analysis, sorry I do not disclose
coordinates yet, thanks Deiter!), two achondrites, a two OC'S. four on six.
10 days. Not bought, another way...Stolen , who knows. If the science of
pairing is good and type specimen well choosed I will be discovered soon !

I am just plundering like you do, me with a GPS, as much as I can, you
without it, buying the stuff where you find it. Sahara is wide and the game
will last for long, but may change as quick as it raised, you know that as
well as we do, and Iove it. You protect your market. We work on ours.

Hunters are judged on thier finds ( or falls). I repect a lot your last
lunar acquisition, you had the gusts to buy it, who else... this action
deserve respect, i' d only regreted a while ago that you sliced it into
pieces, you will judged me on my fist lunar, if I find one in the future).
You choosed the way to buy, us another, but at last it is very similar, we
both need science ( and we give away a portion of the material for
promotion) and both keep the remaining part of it. Science get some of the
stuff and we get what we both are commited with sponsors of expeditions: We
are selfsufficient as many french teams for our expeditions; with small
results , but with comsic freedom. . We have recently modified our internal
policy in order to present the best material from our production for science
and museums. We hope, that you will not be disappointed by our future
material.

You may note that this is a personal reflexion that engages only ourselves,
not the whole french hunters community -if any- and we hope that this list
is a mean to express ourselves.

Best wishes to all and sorry again for this unconstructive post, we may
have some goodies in the Toyota's back! and some stories for sure, read the
best paper about meteorites, you will know.

Good Huntin' folks.

Best wishes,

Michel FRANCO
Caillou Noir
100 Chemin des Campènes
74400 CHAMONIX - FRANCE
http://www.themeteorites.com

PS
 Rob, :any sedimentary one, we 're still waiting.