[meteorite-list] Ureilite/Venus connection not dead yet

From: Joseph Hum <jkarlhum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:29 2004

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

we should not prematurely conclude there is no connection

with insufficient data and interpretation

yes, the Venusian atmosphere is extraordinary

if you were to expose yourself to it you would be squashed like a
bug

and then roasted to ash in it 850+ F ambient tempeture

you also have the curiosity of Titan but,

anyway, i'm not sure about the total obliteration/vaporization of all
rock

from Any impactor ! there are always zones of
protection/buffer and this

has recently been demostated with various martian meteorites, some
zones on the edge

do not receive as an intense shock to its mineralology as of course of
vaporization or

intermediate zones...and still have enough energy to leave
Mars!

also, if we consider comet shoemaker/levy-9, those fragments
only

avg'd 1 -2 kms in size and shoemaker said the energy released from just one
of those fragments

equalled all the nuclear weapons ever produced detonated at once in one
location

i would submit that with just those energies involved it would put
rocks into space from earth

jupiters atmosphere is quite thick/dense too! how many kms above
Jupiters atmosphere did the plume

from one impact produce? and the Venusian atmospheres thickness does
not rival the depth those

bolides penetrated on Jupiter! Jupiter a planet 1200+ more massive
than
Venus, tremendous

gravitation tug inward still produced awesome plumes... Now consider
a 6-10mile or greater

bolide... the atmosphere of Venus is dense, but it is a gas and therefore
fluid, with these sorts of ergs

the turbulence and eddys may assist ejection... i am not a mathematician,
but would submit that if a

6-10 mile bollide were to impact Venus at the right angle, it could easily
eject rocks from the surface

into space, despite its dense atmosphere! the atmosphere is dense but not
very thick!

Also, do we know what the atmosphere of Venus was like in its earlier
history??

Do we have an ejection time line, as some scientists apparently do
with Martian samples?

Venus may be dynamic today, and was probably active in the past, so
what?

there are regions on venus that are apparently more active than others
and as i've stated

when were the rocks ejected ... 3.5/4 billion years ago maybe?

how many Venusian like objects should we encounter? or expect?

we have only just recently found a handful of lunar specimens and look how
close the Moon

is respectively, and look at the numbers of impacts!! on the moon! i
would "expect" to see

tons on earth... we don't because most more than likely ended
up in the oceans eons ago

for most significant impacts ceased 3 billion years ago!

we're just now finding these extra polar lunar/martian material now
because more people

are starting to look...in the right sort of places
: the cold and dry deserts of the world...

the real questions are : how do the chemistries of Venusian rocks
compare with Ureilites

their relative isotopic abundances and as i've stated in a privious
letter primative Ar/Ne

and others analysis of the Venusian atmosphere and Ureilites...

oh, by the way, we've increased our supply of Ureilites recently because of
luck

hundreds of people searching the n. africian deserts.... this
is great !!

let's have their chemistries explored

we need another Vensian probe, but we do have some data on vensian rocks
directly

from several probes... that needs closer examination

Regards,

Karl

--- Joseph Hum

--- jkarlhum_at_earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1251" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3211.1700" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>in reply to the privious two statements concerning Ureilite/Venus</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>we should not prematurely conclude there is no connection&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>with insufficient data and interpretation</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>yes, the Venusian atmosphere is extraordinary</DIV>
<DIV>if you were to&nbsp;expose yourself to it you would be squashed like a bug</DIV>
<DIV>and then roasted to ash in it 850+ F ambient tempeture</DIV>
<DIV>you also have the curiosity of&nbsp; Titan but,</DIV>
<DIV>anyway, i'm not sure about the total obliteration/vaporization of all rock</DIV>
<DIV>from Any impactor&nbsp;!&nbsp; there are&nbsp;always zones of protection/buffer and this</DIV>
<DIV>has recently been demostated with various martian&nbsp;meteorites, some zones on the edge</DIV>
<DIV>do not receive as an intense shock to its mineralology as of course&nbsp;of vaporization&nbsp;or </DIV>
<DIV>intermediate &nbsp;&nbsp;zones...and still have enough energy to leave Mars!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>also,&nbsp; if we consider comet shoemaker/levy-9, those fragments only</DIV>
<DIV>avg'd 1 -2 kms in size and shoemaker said the energy released from just one of those fragments</DIV>
<DIV>equalled all the nuclear weapons ever produced detonated at once in one location</DIV>
<DIV>i would submit that&nbsp;with just those energies involved it would put rocks into space from earth</DIV>
<DIV>jupiters atmosphere is quite thick/dense too!&nbsp; how many kms above Jupiters atmosphere did the plume</DIV>
<DIV>from one impact produce?&nbsp; and the Venusian atmospheres thickness does not rival the depth those</DIV>
<DIV>bolides penetrated on Jupiter!&nbsp; Jupiter a planet 1200+ more massive than Venus,&nbsp;&nbsp;tremendous&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>gravitation tug inward still produced awesome plumes... Now consider a&nbsp; 6-10mile or greater</DIV>
<DIV>bolide... the atmosphere of Venus is dense, but it is a gas and therefore fluid, with these sorts of ergs</DIV>
<DIV>the turbulence and eddys may assist ejection... i am not a mathematician, but would submit that if&nbsp; a</DIV>
<DIV>6-10 mile bollide were to impact Venus at the right angle, it could easily eject rocks from the surface</DIV>
<DIV>into space, despite its dense atmosphere! the atmosphere is dense but not very thick!</DIV>
<DIV>Also, do we know what the atmosphere of Venus was like in its earlier history?? </DIV>
<DIV>Do we have an ejection time line, as&nbsp;some scientists apparently do with Martian samples?</DIV>
<DIV>Venus may be dynamic today, and was probably active in the past, so what?</DIV>
<DIV>there are regions on venus that&nbsp;are apparently more active than others and as i've stated</DIV>
<DIV>when were the rocks ejected ...&nbsp;3.5/4 billion years ago maybe?</DIV>
<DIV>how many Venusian like objects should we encounter?&nbsp; or expect?</DIV>
<DIV>we have only just recently found a handful of lunar specimens and look how close the Moon</DIV>
<DIV>is respectively, and look at the numbers of impacts!! on the moon!&nbsp; i would "expect" to see</DIV>
<DIV>tons on earth...&nbsp; we don't because most more than likely ended up&nbsp; in the oceans eons ago</DIV>
<DIV>for most significant impacts ceased 3 billion years ago!</DIV>
<DIV>we're&nbsp;just now finding these extra polar lunar/martian material now because more people</DIV>
<DIV>are&nbsp;starting to look...in the right sort of places :&nbsp;the&nbsp;cold and dry deserts of the world...</DIV>
<DIV>the real questions are :&nbsp; how do the chemistries of Venusian rocks compare with Ureilites</DIV>
<DIV>their relative isotopic abundances and as i've stated in a privious letter&nbsp; primative Ar/Ne</DIV>
<DIV>and others analysis of the Venusian atmosphere and Ureilites...</DIV>
<DIV>oh, by the way, we've increased our supply of Ureilites recently because of luck &amp;</DIV>
<DIV>hundreds of people searching the n. africian deserts.... this is&nbsp;great&nbsp;!! </DIV>
<DIV>let's have their chemistries explored</DIV>
<DIV>we need another Vensian probe, but we do have some data on vensian rocks directly</DIV>
<DIV>from several probes... that needs closer examination</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Karl</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--- Joseph Hum</DIV>
<DIV>--- <A href="mailto:jkarlhum_at_earthlink.net">jkarlhum@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--