[meteorite-list] More on Tumblers for Meteorites

From: MuseumStore/NatureSource <musnat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:06 2004

I have a vibro tumbler and have been using it quite successfully for several
years to remove rust from small individual irons. Walnut shells work very
well. The key is not to put too many irons in at the same time, and to be
vigilant and patient. Sometimes it takes a week or more. Check daily until
you get the results you want. Any deep regmaglypts may need touchup with a
wire brush.

Jeanne