[meteorite-list] UNCUT NWAs (was, "Unclassified NWAs")

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:05 2004

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one Michael. I do computer
work for a living and by default one of the areas that I must know about is
network security. There are some companies that just can't stand it when
security flaws are reported with their products. The majority of software
companies will actually report their own flaws as well as fixes for them.
The reason being sooner or later someone will figure out the bug on their
own and use their knowledge to exploit their product for unethical uses.
There are many people out there that know how to hack systems that don't.
They use that knowledge to protect their networks from other people that
know how to.
My point with all of this is that by using full disclosure to fully know the
problem is the only way to know how to prevent it and deal with it should it
occur. An open forum to report and discuss such problems such as this list
is needed so that the honest people out there can stay one step ahead of the
unscrupulous individuals out there.
Best wishes,
Rhett Bourland
www.evansville.net/~rbourlan