[meteorite-list] Re: ID help appreciated

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:01 2004

Dear David, and List;
I see a rock that has been stream tumbled, and possibly mechanically
transported due to the rounding of the corners, and angles. I go with
meteorwrong due to shape, but I shall agree with anyone that tells me
that is a weak reason for it not to be meteoritic in origin.
Can not tell much more than that from this picture. How about will it
chip on a back corner, or does it attract to a magnet, or visable metal
grains inside, and was it found in the US in an area that has had former
glaciation?
Best Guess,
Dave F.