[meteorite-list] No Respect for Monturaqui

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

I agree! When I first saw some, it looked just like the black lava pumice I
have in my garden. But, it is quite unique internally. And those metal
flakes are just like the ones you see in a stony meteorite. Fascinating!
With each piece I am offering on my website, I have decided to include a
free cut half because you really want it for the inside, but you still need
to have a representation of a complete piece.

Ron Hartman
www.meteorite1.com
(If you are clicking on the link, click on impactite and see a great
panoramic photo of the site. Also a close-up of the metal flakes in a cut
section. Worth looking at if you have not seen this material yet! Pics
courtesy M. Cottingham)