[meteorite-list] re :Lunar Eclipse

From: Alexander Seidel <ase_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:57 2004

Hi Stuart,

thank you for your nice report from the north of England.

I was also lucky, though it did not look so good at first, as it was
cloudy and rainy all day long. But it cleared up just in time, which
sometimes suddenly happens here in the vicinity of the North Sea, and so
I could observe a beautiful total eclipse from the start to the very
end, including a spectacular, almost "razor-blade" passing-by of the
star 63 Gem along the moon´s southern limb, very close to an occultation
by the moon, from my site.

Never have I seen our good old moon that spectacular than during the few
minutes of the beginning and the end of totality, where it definitely
had that 3D-appeal as a ball due to light contrast which it normally
does not have to that extent. What a great sight this also would have
been for anyone standing there on the lonely dusty plains looking
towards earth..!

Al"I like my DaG400!"ex!

--
 Alexander Seidel  | Home position on planet Earth: |