[meteorite-list] Haxtun Repost for M. Masse

From: Robert Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:53 2004

I've been struggling to understand the H and L Chondrite classification
structure, but it keeps eluding me. I'll get it eventually, but please
forgive me if the questions are ignorant at this point.
I thought that free metal was the determiner for H or L groups. How do the
pyroxene and olivine makeup affect the H or L grouping?
What do the numbers in the olivine and pyroxene values signify that alters
the grouping?
Thanks!
-Robert Beauford