[meteorite-list] Sharing the Lunar meteorite

From: ari machiz <a_machiz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:05 2004

Hi list.

Based on what we have seen from the Canadian and other
governments, I don't think one could affect their
decision. You share the lunar fortune, they say, "Hey,
we should keep the next ones for ourselves!" You don't
give them any and they say, "We'll keep the REST for
ourselves!"

If they valued these stones as much as we do, they
would be more expensive. Of course, I'm sure it goes
deeper than this. Maybe they don't have the money to
identify the stones so as to take advantage of the
material they find. Maybe they will sell half of every
stone and then if we find a Martian meteoriet or
something, they still have half.

Whatever. That is just my take.
Congrats on the find you "guys."

Ari