[meteorite-list] Desert Dangers in Morocco III

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:13 2004

Hello all

Well...I go with my Metal Detector for research mines,
I have found bombs here in Italy during the meteorite
research, and I open this way....any of you come with
me:-)?
Regards

matteo

--- Nick Gessler <gessler_at_ucla.edu> ha scritto:
<HR>
The US Department of State Travel Warning for Morocco
continues,
inpart:<br>
Area of Instability: The sparsely settled Western
Sahara (formerly
Spanish Sahara) was long the site of armed conflict
between Government
forces and the Polisario Front which has demanded
independence. A
cease-fire has been in effect since 1991 in the UN
administered area.
There are thousands of unexploded mines in the Western
Sahara and in
areas of Mauritania adjacent to the Western Sahara
border. There have
been occasional clashes between police and protesters
in the region of
Laayoune. Exploding mines are occasionally reported,
and they have caused
death and injury. Transit to the Western Sahara
remains restricted;
persons planning to travel in the region may obtain
information on
clearance requirements from the Moroccan
Embassy.&quot;<br>
What fun...<br>
Nick<br>

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769