[meteorite-list] SCAMS from Morocco

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:13 2004

--part1_fc.2eb1236.27cdbc16_boundary

Strange!

I went to Morocco last May, I spent 2 weeks there. I rented a car from the
Hertz office in Marrakech, using my Visa card. I got the bill some 6 weeks
after I had returned here, and the bill was correct.
I bought a lot of minerals (NO meteorites) and had to get more money on my
card 3 or 4 times, and had no problem with anyone of the banks I used. I had
checked the exchange rate ahead of time, knew exactly how many dinars I was
supposed to get, and got exactly that every time.
And I had no problem with any one of the many mineral dealers I bought from.

Are mineral dealers more honest?
Or is it because I speak french?
Or am I tremendously lucky?

Anne Black
http://www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
http://www.TheMineralCompany.com

--part1_fc.2eb1236.27cdbc16_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Strange!
<BR>
<BR>I went to Morocco last May, I spent 2 weeks there. I rented a car from the
<BR>Hertz office in Marrakech, using my Visa card. I got the bill some 6 weeks
<BR>after I had returned here, and the bill was correct.
<BR>I bought a lot of minerals (NO meteorites) and had to get more money on my
<BR>card 3 or 4 times, and had no problem with anyone of the banks I used. I had
<BR>checked the exchange rate ahead of time, knew exactly how many dinars I was
<BR>supposed to get, and got exactly that every time.
<BR>And I had no problem with any one of the many mineral dealers I bought from.
<BR>
<BR>Are mineral dealers more honest?
<BR>Or is it because I speak french?
<BR>Or am I tremendously lucky? &nbsp;