[meteorite-list] Vintage Bob Haag Available

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:12 2004

I've just received the last three available issues of the July, 1993 Sky and
Telescope from the "back issue" department of S&T. I am selling two of them _at_
$20 each including US Priority Mail (personal checks preferred). They are in
absolute mint condition. The third one will replace my fading xerox taken
off a library microfiche.

On the cover, titled "METEORITE MAN - Robert Haag", is a smiling long-haired
Bob leaning over a showcase of meteorites in his basement/bomb shelter
meteorite museum. In the table of contents we have another photo of Bob with
the description "Robert Haag:Rock Star" - "Part Indiana Jones and part space
cadet, this globetrotting Arizonian has parlayed his passion for meteorites
into a million-dollar business." The seven page article details his early
life and influences and has photos of his lunar find Calcalong Creek, the 33
ton Chaco meteorite with a photo of the front page story in an Argentinian
newspaper and other goodies. It's all here, everything you ever wanted to
know about Robert (his preference) but couldn't get him to sit still long
enough to ask.

Kevin Kichinka