[meteorite-list] RADIOACTIVE METEORITES IN THE BRITISH MUSEUM

From: Phil <Phil_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:11 2004

The report I saw did not mention meteorites at all but noted that at least
one member of staff and several members of the public were exposed to
ionizing radiation (nothing to do with "harmless" background levels) from at
least one mineral sample. The Health and Safety Executive, which monitors
H&S in the workplace, has successfully prosecuted the Museum.

Phil Bagnall