[meteorite-list] Meteorite Catalog and CD's "CTL3D.DLL" file

From: Dave Andrews <dandre10_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

> The directions state that it will work without a
> password, but I see no way to insert one. It seems easier just to look up
> something in the catalog, so I think unless someone can explain the problem
> (help!!!!) , I'll just uninstall it and use the book.

Hi Ron and Steve,
For the password problem, I think if you would uninstall the catalogue (START
button/ SETTINGS/ CONTROL PANEL/ ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS then click on CATALOGUE OF
METEORITES, then REMOVE), then reinstall it, that it would begin working for
you. I haven't seen any options to turn-on or turn-off a password anywhere.
There may be a little box to check or uncheck password protection during the
initial installation, but I don't remember seeing one.

In the case of the missing DLL file, as Gabriel stated, you can get it here:

http://hem.passagen.se/fille97/dll/ctl3d/ctl3d.htm

Then place the ctl3d.DLL file in your C:\windows\system folder. Reboot your PC
and all should work fine for you.

One thing about the CD is that if gives more detailed information. Plus, you
can run a multiple query, for example, all the chondrites from any given
provenance.

Hope this helps you guys.
Dave