[meteorite-list] other book on meteorites

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C09425.6171C280

I'd recomend Meteorites and Their Parent Planets by Harry McSween. Some of
the info in that book is amazing plus it can be entertaining in places as
well. Its a little more technical than Rocks From Space but you learn quite
a bit from it. Nininger's books have a lot of good stories in them as well
as good techniques for field work. Some of the technical info is a little
dated though. Another good book for collecting purposes is The Meteorite and
Tektite Collectors Handbook by Phil Bagnal. That was the first one I ever
read myself. I agree with the person who said that Thunderstones and
Shooting Stars is a good one too. Its probally the most technical one of
them all that have been mentioned so far. If you really want ALOT of detail
and don't mind if what you're reading is pretty dry go to
http://www.minsocam.org/MSA/Rim/Rim36.html and here is the website that you
can order from https://www.minsocam.org/secure/Pub_Orderform.html (just make
sure you choose volume 36 when you order). Like I said, that last one isn't
exactly the most exciting read, at all, and it is VERY technical but if you
really want to know about the nitty gritty of meteorites this is the book
for you.

Hope this helps.

Rhett Bourland

Rhett Bourland