[meteorite-list] Re: Shock Stage / Weathered grade etc

From: edward moore <edward_f_moore_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

Reading in Nortons book he descibes how a meteorite
gets its "H" or "L" rating based on chondrules etc.
Does anyone have a "rating sysytem" as to what is a
S1,S2, W2,W3 etc. I did not see any references to this
scale in the book, maybe I missed it. My othe
rquestion is what does a reseacher look for, steps
taken to decide that this is a H4, S2, W2 etc.
I am looking to buy another book on meteorites. I have
Nortons and Haag's field guide, what else should one
buy.
Thanks for your help.

Ed