[meteorite-list] ???????

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:08 2004

You know, I just love it when people find an unusual rock, get a little
information off the net or by reading a book and then decide that they have
a meteorite. And, as we all know, their meteorite is extremely rare and
unusual which makes it worth much more than anything else on the market.
The worst part of it is when you try to tell them that its not a meteorite
they get mad at you because they've spent about an hour reading/looking at
meteorite information and by now, they're an expert on the subject. Of
course, despite the fact some of us have very sizable collections that reach
into the hundreds of meteorites (self not included) or study meteorites for
a living (which I would love to do) they read a book or saw some pictures so
they will automatically know way more about the subject.
Ah, those wonderous money color glasses that they wear......

Rhett Bourland
www.evansville.net/~rbourlan