[meteorite-list] Virus

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:39 2004

I have been using the internet for almost 10 years, and not once have I ever gotten a virus.

What I have learned early on is that it is best to create a DOWNLOAD folder and put all attachments and exe's into it. Then before opening it, scan that entire folder with a good, and updated virus checker.

If any are detected, delete those files.

I currently use Trend Micro's "housecall"

It is free and updated buy the minute, what they get from you, if you have a virus, is a update of their pattern files for their paying users.

Depending on the mode of your connection, it takes several minutes to load, but it is well worth adding to your favorites.

And once loaded, you can continue with your web work while it is checking your eniter computer, or that Download folder that you created.

Check it out at:

http://www.antivirus.com

For me it is the end of the virus story.

Steve Schoner

----