[meteorite-list] Happy Birthday Pervomaisky

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:38 2004

Hellos everyone, in a great coincidence, I have just completed an
exchange with Bob Haag for his Pervomaisky meteorite. It is a 566 gram
perfect individual from the Moscow Academy of Sciences.
Today is the 26th of December, and Pervomaisky fell in 26 December 1933.
That makes this meteorite 67 years old today.
That is too weird for me to do the deal today and then notice the same
fall date.
This is a cool L6 with a total known weight of 66 kilos. Almost none is
in private collections or even most other museums. This is apparently
the largest piece outside of Russia.

I also looked at the main mass of Etter, and Bob assures me that it is
an L chondrite.
Mike Farmer