[meteorite-list] Apollo Moonrock thin section wallpapers

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

Stuart Forbes wrote:

> I've just had my Moonrock thin section photos scanned
> well enough for making desktop wallpaper. Get them at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/stuart.forbes/wallpaper.html

Congrats, Stuart!

Stunning thin section photos which are an excellent source of reference
when trying to identify these minerals in one's own thin sections. I
like the multiply twinned plagioclase in the Apollo 16 Anorthsoite 60025
very much! It is even fractured right through the middle and the twinned
crystals in the lower part are clearly offset to the right. Really
beautiful!

Thank you for these pics sharing with us!

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Millenium,

Bernd