[meteorite-list] meteorite database disk?

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

>.[snip].....$4 a whack to make any kind of profit? Also, what would
>his cost be of the $4? If sent priority mail, the postage portion of >the
>$4 is $3.20.....[snip]...... Just doesn't strike me as much of a
> >money-maker, which, of course, is not to say it is legal. >>
>Not everyone who does illegal stuff is very good at it, I guess. ;-)

The object of all illegal activity is not necessarily to make an immeadiate
profit. There could be other motives such as just to build up a mailing list
which can be worth a lot. Surveys or information gathering are other
motives. I am sure that there are more.
Lets not forget to that there are no convictions (Yet anyway) and that there
is not necessarily a crime committed with the evidence that we have seen
here yet.
Of course as indicated earlier, not all criminals are very good at what they
do and that could well be a possible explanation to. (Lets also get paranoid
and think that a possible motive might be some police or government
investigation - aka x-files).
Still, evidence is strong that something is wrong here.
DEAN