[meteorite-list] Lafayette-a possible fall?

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

Matt wrote:

>What would it take to change the status of
>Lafayette from a find to a FALL? Seems
>like most of the evidence is there.

Dear Matt and list,

Has a terrestrial age been determined for Lafayette? I'm having a
problem at the moment accessing the list archives, but the last time
this thread ran was in June 2000 when I asked the same question, namely,
was Lafayette a find or a fall? If my memory is correct, someone
(Robert Verish??) noted a terrestrial age had been determined and that
it argued against a recent fall, while someone else (Steve Schoner??)
argued terrestrial ages were unreliable, at least in the case of
Lafayette, given its' fresh appearance.

Best wishes,
-Charlie