[meteorite-list] Beware Netscape 6.0

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:35 2004

Art & all,
        Along similar lines:
Last Tuesday, at my request, my "computer guru" attempted to download
Netscape 6.0 to my computer after a long overdue "spiffing up" of
whatever had degraded over time. However, said attempt to download 6.0
resulted in a COMPLETE crash, aparently erasing EVERYTHING.
        He said SOMETHING like, "It destroyed the trunk, but not the tree"
(Whatever the hell that means in computerees) and, unfortunately, I was
unavailable Wed to Fri evening and just today, he used some new "Norton"
tool to completely restore my system (I told him to bring the tool and a
shotgun, because if it didn't work he would have to blow my head off).
        So, if you have Netscape and are considering "upgrading" to 6.0, I
suggest you consider again - ESPECIALLY if you have a Mac G3.
        As for everyone else: I did get all my 169 emails and will be "racing"
through them as quickly as possible - so, if you haven't gotten a due
response, that is why - I didn't even have access to my list of phone
numbers!
        Best wishes, Michael

--
Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?