[meteorite-list] Lunar Property??

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

I took a real estate class with my wife who actually wanted to do that for a
while. I passed the class but didn't sit the exam to actually become
licensed because I decided it just wasn't for me so maybe I can help shed
some light into the legality onto one aspect of this.
There is a type of deed called a quit claim deed. Basically, you're giving
up your right to a piece of property. Its usually used in cases where a
group of heirs inherrit a piece of property and one or more sell their share
to the others or to clear an ownership of a property from a previous share
holder. The crazy thing about it is you don't actually have to any real
claim to a property to sell your quit claim deed. If someone wanted to,
they could sell their quit claim deed to any of your houses. It wouldn't be
worth much and they couldn't really take posesion because all they sold was
their legal claim to your house (which was nothing at all).
So, if anyone would like to purchase my quit claim deed to the Smithsonian
or Field Musem let me know as I am currently taking offers. :)

Rhett Bourland
www.evansville.net/~rbourlan