[meteorite-list] More on the New Hampshire Event of 12-4-00

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Hello followers of this mystery;
I see they speak of meteorite, well, let,s inspect the meteorite.
First it was in the mud, but it caught the leaves on fire. Then there
was no impact crater but mud, leaves burning, mud, where's the
meteorite? Sounds quite phoney, even the lightening thing seems odd
after a while. Anyone see the plane that dropped the junk,
err...meteorwrong. Air port have a flight log?
Touch of sulpher residue? Black powder residue? How about railroad
fuses tied to a rock?
Well, it should be for sale on ebay in about a week.
There is a law against yelling "FIRE" in the theater. My question is
who gets to benifit from the reality, or hoax the most?
Wasn't it the meteorite that fell through the ice in Wisconsin or
Minnesota a couple of years ago that had us all ready to jump a plane
and get the scuba gear ready to go for the ice dive? Hollywood needs to
make a movie of the "Big Meteorite Hoax" and call it "Hot Rocks...To
Hell For Lying".
Doubting Dave F.