[meteorite-list] Meteorites and kids...

From: John <John_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Stu's e-mail a few days back reminds me of some of my experiences with
school kids.
If you ever get down in the dumps and disgusted with the younger generation
I have a cure. A while back I gave several presentations to groups of local
gifted children. They were a delight. With the intelligence, interest,
curiosity, and entheusiam you can't help but be optimistic about our future.
I covered a lot of subjects including meteorites, astronomy, telescopes,
SETI, and all sorts of spontaneous questions that the kids brought up. The
kids were like hungry sponges soaking up all the information. The stacks of
cards I received were interesting in their diversity. They were still
asking questions and so appreciative of my efforts.
Try it sometime, you'll see what I mean.
John Chappell
hbjrc_at_srv.net