[meteorite-list] RE: Not space junk

From: Joel Warren <marley2010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Hi Rob and all,
I attempted to fill out the fireball report, but when it came to telling the
coordinates, I was stumped. Best way I can describe it. I was walking
almost due south when all of the sudden I saw, and the best way i can
describe this is from my vantage point, the bright fire ball appox 30 feet
or so above a group of houses, not thirty feet about the ground ofcourse,
but what appeared about 30 feet to me, certainly not straight up in the sky,
but much lower towards the horizon. Ok, now, facing due south, in Amarillo,
the path it took appeared to be towards the SW, like toward Portales NM, in
that direction. And, like I said, I saw it dropping parts, much like the
Peekskill video. I was thinking "hot damn, that has to be close" but as I
watched it trail off to the SW, I realized there was no way it could be.

Best...
Joel