[meteorite-list] Re: New Hampshire Residents Say Meteorite Landed In Yard

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:31 2004

Ron Baalke posted:

>Stunned residents described the falling ball of fire to Fire Chief Edwin
>Bowne . . . "I've been doing this for 30 years. I've never seen
>anything like it before."

You mean Fire Chiefs don't routinely deal with burning meteorites?!
What ARE those firemen doing in their spare time? (Watching
"Armageddon"?)

>the National Weather Service [said] 'We just predict the weather; we
>don't predict stuff falling out of the sky.' "

LOL! What a classic comment! Somebody use that in the next book about
meteorites.

I'm surprised the Concord Monitor wasn't able to find a "Yankee
professor" to state that "it's proven scientific fact stones do not
fall from the sky."

: )

Geoff N.

Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios, USA
P.O. Box 87, Jersey City, NJ 07303

Telephone: (201) 435-8888

Email: geoking_at_notkin.net ammonite@aol.com
Web: www.notkin.net

We talk about the "whys" and "wherefores"
Do we really care at all?
Talk about the frailty of words is rarely meaningful
When we're sitting watching the planes burn up through the night
Like meteorites

  -- T.V. Smith