Re: Tektite Book

Hello Darryl -

     You've mentioned before about wanting to do a
book, but might I suggest this new thing called the
internet?
      While it doesn't have the "panache" of a book,
unlike books, there are no printing costs, no shipping
costs, and you can use as nearly as many full color
photos as you want.  As for publishers, there are a
number of them who will put up a site for free, and
who are begging for new works, so as to provide their
advertisers with an audience. With the electronic
search engines, there is absolutely no chance of your
work being lost, or of people being unable to find it.
      If you don't want to go whole hog and put up an
academic work, pieces like your slide show talk can be
turned into an "internet site" with very little
effort.
If you have problems doing this, there are usually
people around (oft times college studnets) who will do
it for around several hundred dollars.  While I'm
really swamped myself, I think that maybe there is
someone here on the meteorite list who would help you
to do it for free, if you asked.

Best wishes -
EP